Thursday, October 31, 2013

20 days off, October 30th, 2013

Yesterday was the Chili Cook off and Trunk or Treat. Let me tell you there was anxiety to be had all around for me. Oh my was it hard. First we have to deal with all the food that is around that he cannot touch or eat. Corn bread, cupcakes, chili, crackers. (I just noticed these are all "c" words. HA) We brought his food. But after sitting in the gym for about 30 mins his face and hands became red and itchy. You can see this in the pictures below.

But I must say that my ward is AMAZING!!! They may not understand Bubba's allergies but they ask what they can do to help. He cannot have any type of candy what so ever (unless maybe a homemade kind that doesn't have his allergens). I provide some people with a toy so that they could hand that to him instead of candy. It worked out great. There were also a few people that provided their own toy for him to have. How amazing are they!? He had fun but man was it stressful. Maybe next year we will just go to the trunk or treat and not the chili cook off.

I think his skin looks worse yesterday then it has since we started all of this. I assume there will be worse days then this though. My poor poor baby! 














His loot!

No comments:

Post a Comment